About UsA Land Conservancy Serving Northeast Ohio
Working to Make Nature Your Neighbor
West Creek (formerly West Creek Preservation Committee) protects local natural areas, open spaces, streams and waterways right here in our community. We’re reclaiming vacant urban lands and restoring streams, wetlands, woods and natural habitats. And we’re establishing trails and greenways to link people and neighborhoods not only to these special places, but to each other as well.
At West Creek, we believe that clean streams and rivers, abundant natural areas, neighborhood green space, and beautiful walking and biking trails are an important part of healthy, vibrant, successful communities. We are dedicated to our mission of local conservation because Northeast Ohio is our home, and we want it to be as great a place to live as possible.
We invite you to help West Creek make Northeast Ohio a Greener place to live. The organization collaborates with individuals, landowners, non-profits, community groups, municipalities, and businesses on many different conservation, clean water, land re-use, and trail projects. We have many opportunities for volunteers, as well as opportunities to get outside, learn about, and enjoy our local environment. Whether you attend a meeting or outing, make a donation, protect your land, or volunteer, your participation makes a difference. Thank you!
West Creek at a Glance
- A land conservancy serving Northeast Ohio
- 501(c)3 non-profit organization
- Protects natural areas by acquiring land and conservation easements, through purchase or donation.
- Strong focus on streams, rivers, and watershed protection and restoration.
- Works collaboratively to restore water quality and natural habitats in the urban environment.
- Reclaims and re-uses vacant urban land.
- Facilitates recreational trails and greenways, connecting people with nature.
- Founded by residents in 1997, incorporated in 2000.
Our mission is to enrich the lives of all people in Northeast Ohio by conserving natural habitats, restoring the ecological value of our region’s lands and waters, and expanding opportunities to connect people from all cultures to experience nature and discover our great outdoors.